1. I’m really enjoying this Russian Sci-fi in Lit and Film class. A whole new world has opened up before me. I am currently reading We, by Yevgeny Zamyatin for this class. Apparently it was the inspiration for Orwell’s 1984 and Huxley’s Brave New World. The prose in this book is outstanding. I highly recommend it.
2. The Academy Awards=lame in every possible way (where were the nominations for Take Shelter?). Lame.
4. Birthday coming up. I’ve come to terms with the fact that my 40’s are nearer than my 20’s. I do not rue the time that has passed, but I do lament the time that is wasted.
5. Logan has a new section on his blog titled “Concerts”. It’s a list of concerts he’s attended along with links to reviews he’s posted. Check him out. He posts regularly and is a good source for finding new, interesting media.
6. I joined Twitter, and already I am regretting/wondering why I did so. There’s an article out now discussing the fact that Twitter has been selling old tweets to data miners. Not cool. The upside is that I find out about a lot of really cool tech-sciency stuff by following one of my favorite authors, William Gibson. Follow me here.
7. Story ideas have been popping up like bunnies in my brain lately. Think I might try a few of them out on you guys in the form of microfiction.
8. I’m almost completely finished with the study/office that I began building over a year ago (it was done in stages, not continuously). Pretty happy with how it turned out, and have shifted my attention to making the backyard look more like a yard-yard, and less like Sanford’s junkyard. Still need to do base and door trim, and replace the construction door with a finished door. But that’s about it.